Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So Far So Good

After writing my title, I realized I'm only starting on day three! Man this week is going by slow. Anywho, I've stuck to my goal so far but I got to thinking, during the week, I dont really eat junk anyway cause I'm busy at work and then I go to the gym and I have my schedule, its the weekend where I usually indulge in something.

And I was watching Portia DeGeneris on Oprah talking about her past eating disorder and how she cured herself was that she didnt deprive herself of anything because when you say you cant have something, you tend to want it more and food has the power, which I totally agree with. When you eat what you want, you tend to eventually not want that stuff anymore. So am I going about this the wrong way? I dont feel out of control or anything, maybe I just wanted to prove to myself if I had any determination or willpower. Hmm, well, I dont know, but still as of today I have my healthy meals all planned out.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's what skinny people say to try and make the rest of us feel better, haha!!! But seriously...I used to feel that way and if you can BALANCE and not overindulge then good for you...but what being forced to give up chocolate has taught me is that I'm in control now, not the chocolate!! And by not having it at all it has taken away the craving completely (keep in mind, it took several months to get to the completely away part). There was a Snickers sitting on my kitchen counter for 3 DAYS before I ate it, the old me would have downed that thing in the first hour, haha!! I think you should continue going cold turkey just to see what happens to your body and then you will know the answer to your own question based on your own experience and how you feel at the end of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Em. As soon as you go without for awhile any desire for certain foods goes away, but personally I did away with sugars in my diet. I think dark natural cocoa was okay and would still use it. It's the overload of sugar in everything that I think is junk in our bodies... I only had the natural fruit sugars. I hope you keep going at it. Let us know.

    ReplyDelete