I got my idea today for a couple different reasons. First, it being the 10 year anniversary since the twin towers fell on Sept 11, 2001. Yes, I remember where I was, waking up to get ready for school and glued to the TV watching what seemed to be unreal and unimaginable. Watching it still today seems like it was only yesterday that it happened. Time goes by fast. But from that tragedy and rememberance of looking back, it also forces us to move forward, to not be stuck in the negatives of that day, but rebuild and move forward. It also is something of a life lesson. I look at my past and mistakes I have made or people I have loved and felt heartache over them. I have often felt like I was treading water because I was so confused on what to do or how to do it, somehow waiting for Heavenly Father to strike me with lightning just so I would know for sure. How does one move on? How do you forget?
"The past has its place and its valuable for lessons learned. The present also has its place, and what we cannot change should not needlessly keep us from looking and moving forward. Nothing lost or left behind should keep us from now becoming what we can become, from learning what we can learn.
"There are new decisions everyday, every hour, and reasons to improve and repent. Whatever we are, wherever we've been, each day we have some opportunity to determine direction.
"Whatever the past or its meaning, or its length, or its losses, or its lessons learned or unlearned, we go on from where we are - wherever it is- and come what we can become; with work, repentance, improvement; with faith in the future." (Richard L. Evans, Jr. from The Man and the Message, 1973)
For me, it's still a work in progress but I'm trying my hardest at moving forward from the present time. I know that I need to involve our Savior more into my life because I can't do it without him. Why suffer the hard way and be alone in it. We don't need to be.

amen my beautiful daughter
ReplyDelete