Tai has been off to an interesting start. We found out at our first ultrasound that he had a right multicystic kidney. Apparently, lots of people have only 1 and live a healthy, long and normal life. So far that has been no problem. I then noticed when he was opening his eyes, his right pupil didn't look normal, almost looked like an oil spot and then turned into seeing some whiteness behind the pupil. Ya, freaked me out but luckily we got on top of it and got him in to the right doctors and found he has a congenital cataract! Poor baby. As a mother who carried the child you of course feel it's your fault that these things happened. I know I had some stress in my life in my 1st trimester and think I should of handled it better but of course that's the power of hindsite. They say both of these things can just happen for no apparent reason. My sister gave me some reassurance saying it's actually a miracle that babies DO come out 100% healthy. Anywho, he goes up for surgery to the Calgary Children's Hospital on Friday so nerves/excitement have set in. I just want him to have the chance to see since right now it's just blurry vision. After that, I know we will be seeing a lot of optomologist's in the future but just praying everything heals and his eye grows and gets better and I am just grateful he is still a healthy and loving baby boy.
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Hello Again
Sooooo, ya, totally forgot about my blog obviously since I haven't posted for over a year!!! Well, few new changes, not going to try and relive them all but I decided to start up again since I have welcomed another baby boy named Kautai Truman. (Named after his Uncle) He was born May 21st, 2014 weight 8"10 and 22" inches. (maybe I'll post about the pregnancy and delivery later, even though I don't think I'll ever forget!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment