Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Some of my Favorites....

So I sort of got this idea from my sis who got it from another blog but this girl listed her favorite products, mainly beauty products, so I decided to do some of my own plus some other random things.



So, my first one is something I use pretty much everyday which is Hawaiian Punch's Grape 5 Calorie Drink packets...Yes, I've gotten so used to using drink packets that I only drink regular water when I'm really really parched!!! It's bad, I know, but these really do help me drink waaayyyy more wated than I would normally. And best part is, a box is only $0.94 at Walmart which is perfect for my budget:)


This is by far my favorite Mascara that I have found. I have tried many but this one suits me well, it seems to help lengthen and thicken my lashes just how I want them.



I know there are tons of great chapsticks, some medicated, some with color and I could totally have a lipstick and chapstick fetish, but I have been a big fan of good ol Lip Smackers chapstick. Usually always have one on me!


Now when it comes to eyeshadows, overall I love Covergirl. Good colors, they seem to go on really good too. These again are more what I can afford....


If I really could spend money, of course it would be MAC eyeshadow all the way!!!!! I could buy almost like every color!


Now, I learned this from an old roommate Natalie. At the end of your shower before your ready to get out (especially good also right after you shave your legs) but rub this Baby Oil Gel all over and rinse and it seriously leaves your skin so soft and smooth feeling after...I love it!! It reminds me I need to go buy some more today:)


Ok, this is random....I LOVE movies and could name a hundred favorite by this one is for sure in my top 10. Don't know why I thought of it, but thought I would mention how much I like this movie.


Another thing I pretty much have on a daily basis (I had these for breakfast, lunch and dinner a couple days ago, lol) are Protein Pancakes. Now, the original recipe goes as follows:

3 egg whites

1/2 c oatmeal

1/3 c low fat cottage cheese

*can add vanilla extract and/or cinnamon

Blend all together and cook like a pancake. There are things you can add if you like, such as half a banana, 1 Tbsp Choc Chips if want a little sweetness, and one lady put a little bit of canned pumpkin in there.

Right now when I make them, I just make them as follows:

3 egg whites

1/2 to 3/4 c oatmeal

vanilla extract

1 Tbsp choc chips

I just mixed in a bowl instead of blend and serve with 1/4 c sugar free maple syrup. Total calories for this meal is only 307 (approx 342 with extra oatmeal) People think I'm weird when I tell them this...Karrie always gives me weird looks, lol, but I know she wants to try it!!! I should just make her one:)


Ok, last but not least, one of my favorite Hymns is "If You Could Hie To Kolob" and awhile back I came across a piano solo version of it that I fell in love with. I think I played it once in church, but it's one of my favorite pieces. I don't like myself on camera but I thought I'd do it anyway and play it for you.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with all the ones I've tried but there are still some in there that I haven't tried and will. I'll let you know how I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially love the mascara and lip smackers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to say things...lol! But I love listening to you play the piano, it is one of my favorite things in life! Thanks for posting that.

    ReplyDelete