On my lovely workout website, there is also a link for Diet and Recipes so I thought I'd try this little treat, since I never make bread and this one seemed easy enough, even I couldn't mess it up and on top of that.....SUPER healthy.
Ingredients you will need:
2 cups flax seed meal (you can find this in most grocery stores)
1 Tbsp artificial sweetner (Stevia is a good one)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1/2 cup water
5 eggs beaten together well
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a bowl, mix flax seed meal, Stevia, salt and baking powder.
3. Add the oil, water and eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Leave the mixture to set for 2-3 min
5. Spread mixture into greased pan (I just used a regular bread pan) and bake for 20 min. You will know when it's done when you lightly press on it and it will "bounce" back.
It comes out pretty moist. I added some peanut butter to mine, some other suggestions were honey and banana on top, toasted of course....and I guess whatever you would normally put on your bread. I would like to mix up the recipe a lil and maybe try applesauce instead of the oil or maybe try mashing up a banana to add for some banana bread. Hope you enjoy, peace and love:)

No yeast? I might even be able to make this bread!! LOL!
ReplyDeleteu 2 !!!!!!! i am so proud of u meag bread?we will see if em can do it i think she can et
ReplyDelete