Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last year in my 20's!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, well, well...look who turned 29 today....that would be me!
I started my day with the usual protein pancake for breakfast, can't skip that. Then I decided to go on a little adventure even though it was cloudy and bits of rain on and off all day....a girl at work told me about this little diddy of a view, it's called Ensign Peak.
So this is the start of it if you couldn't tell. The hike doesn't take very long, it was a pretty decent incline, some muddy parts that suprisingly I did not slip on because I'm kinda a klutz when it comes to that.




Just messing with this pic, thought it was kinda cool.
Ok, here is a little better view.
This was a view when I went to check out this spot a few days prior, but this was not at the very top, just a quick lookout point.
On the way down, I decided to stop at the Capital Building since I've never actually stopped there before to really look.

That's Ensign Peak in the back:)
I have discovered a lot of photo-op places, but since I was by myself, I had to do a self portrait...that took about 5 times to actually get a good one.
Then as I was walking to my car....there is a little crevice seperating buildings and houses and I peeked over and found a little pocket of awesome!!!

Memorial wall
Meditation Chapel...perfect place for my to do list before I'm 30 right?? lol


All in all it was a good day. I later went and saw Tangled in 3D, which I actually enjoyed more than I thought...I could almost see it again. Ate at Red Robin, cake and ice cream for dessert. Yep, pretty decent day....trying to soak up the last bit of it because it's back to work tomorrow (making a frowny face at this very moment) but someone's gotta pay the bills around here.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! I love the pictures, they are beautiful! Wish I could have been there. What a great way to start your birthday!

    ReplyDelete