Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Discoveries

Kaufusi is just over 6 weeks and growing everyday. He has no problem eating, he likes when you talk to him and he is starting to make "coo's" back at you. He smiles more, especially in the morning. He even smiled at me in the middle of feeding. He has also found out what everybody else seems fascinated by.....HIS HAIR!! He will even start grabbing it. I was feeding him the other day and he had a grip on his hair for a good 10 min. It was pretty darn cute.

He also is staying longer on his playmat and looking at the butterflies. He kicks his chubby little legs and even hits the toy that plays music (on purpose of course, lol).

He still has had a stuffy nose that has been frustrating but we go to the doctor again on Wednesday to see if his ear infection is still around and maybe see the status of the congestion. I fear he also may be getting used to being held going to sleep....atleast he is not doing a very good job of staying asleep now that I'm trying to transfer him back out of his carseat to laying flat. I was stressing for a couple days about trying to get a sleep schedule going but then I realized that is wishful thinking.....he isn't even 2 months old and I pretty much have to go with the flow still (within reason). I am still trying some of the usual tactics, stimulate during the day and calm at night. Making sure he feeds alot during the day (which again he has no problem with) in hopes he will sleep longer at night. The longest go between with feedings has been about 4 hours. I'm sure in time, and once his nose really clears up, we will get it going better. He still is the love of my life and I am so lucky to have him as my lil guy.

1 comment:

  1. Love that he is grabbing his hair! Just like Annie!! I love his play mat too, they are so fun for little babies.

    ReplyDelete