"Now it is high time to wake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light." -Romans 13:11-12So okay, I will admit it's been a little while since I've read my scriptures and done all those more "simple" yet most important things (prayer, regular church attendance, etc) BUT, I busted out my BofM last night at 11:30pm and just said to myself, atleast 1 chapt, it's getting late....well, 10 chapters later, I finally decided I should stop, even though I could have kept reading. It just reminded me sometimes it's so easy to get wrapped up in life or make excuses to not do these simple things when I know that it's right and makes me feel better.
To get back in the game, and for other personal reasons (inspiration or direction maybe?) I am dedicating this week to Christ. I am only going to listen to church music (except for when I workout....just doesn't get me pumped the right way), not just read but STUDY my scriptures every night, pray every morning and night, post things on the wall (quotes, pics, etc...even my home screen is of the Savior) and just keep Him first in my thoughts and get those feelings and love back that I've had countless times that I've been missing for a little bit....no more spiritual vacations. I've been very blessed in my life although at certain times it may seem otherwise, ya know, when I feel like "my life is over" (so dramatic) but I know without a doubt the church is true and I'd be a fool if I were to not ever have it a part of my life. Doing this stuff may come easy to some people, but like everything in life, it takes work (atleast for me it does). Testimonies still have to grow right, they don't just appear and stay with us . So ya, yay for the Savior's love and knowledge that we can see Him again one day as long as we put on the armor of light and put all things in Christ.

meagie u truly are a much loved daughter of heavenly father it is nice to remember that isnt it et
ReplyDeleteAhhh, way to go! This will be a great week, let me know how it turns out.
ReplyDelete