Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thursday, Dec 8th, 2011

Today started off VERY UNEXPECTED to say the least.

I have had very many late or sleepless nights so Wed night I was feeling pretty good. Was talking on how I need to start walking and doing things to speed this pregnancy along. I happened to be on the phone with Sione after 1am and went to the restroom and came out and noticed that good ol' uncomfortable, uncontrollable stream down the leg. I honestly was so confused at what was going on. Then more kept coming and finally called my mom whom I'm sure loved to see that sight with towels on the floor and me asking "is this my water breaking?"

Eventually, yes, we realized that is what it was and time to get going to the hospital. Dad called Cassandra who at work for some reason asked Dad if he was joking, since Dad likes to call people at 2 in the mornin to play practical jokes, lol. I wasn't experiencing any cramps or contractions, just anticipating what the next possible steps could mean.

Angela and Cass came in with me and waited while they checked me, poked me in the hands and forearms (took them 5 times!!!) and were going to send me home to come back but since it took them so long to hook the IV up, they just admitted me.

AND THEN, the contractions came and boy did they ever. Those were pretty much the worst things ever. Monthly cramps times 100. I was having a hard time breathing through them even though I know it was important but I was tired already of hearing to breath....I even kinda hyperventelated a couple times and yes, I had to cry a few times. I couldn't eat any breakfast even though I knew I would get more sick if I didn't (which I did, ended up throwing up a couple times) I don't even know how long those went on for but they finally checked me and I was about 3-4cm along and they moved me to the birthing room. I was just waiting for when the epideral would come....praying actually. Luckily some morphine helped "wooze" me a lil bit.

The epideral wasn't actually that bad, by then I think I had figured out the breathing somewhat. Time would tell until it kicked in, which wasn't soon enough so the guy had to come in and up the dosage and when it did, I finally could relax!!!! Again, I don't know how much time had passed but the nurse checked me and to my suprise, I was already almost 10cm and it was getting time to push at around just after 1pm. I couldn't believe it was actually time. The nurse I had was awesome and she pushed me along nicely. I'll spare you all the details but in less than an hour, at 2:11 pm, out came my lil boy. The first thing I noticed was his nose and his hair (apparently the hairline runs on Sione's side of the family obviously if you see look at Sione) and was just happy he was out!!!! And isn't he so cute.................
When he first came out, all I saw was his dad, I just couldn't get past the hairline. So I decided to go with the Tongan first name, how could I not. In around 12 hours, Kaufusi Owen Truman was born at 2:11 pm weighing 7lbs 2 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long and healthy as can be. I had to be kept in the birthing room a little longer because I bled a little more than I should have so they had to give me more drugs and I guess my mom said I was looking pretty pale.....maybe because of the combination of drugs, no sleep, no food and just pushing out a baby!!! But I swear they checked my blood pressure every 10 min and had to come in to push on my stomach which was as painful as the contractions to get the blood out. I can still feel the sore spot where they were pushing on my uterus. Anyway, I was able to stay the night and had the option of another night but I decided I wanted to go home!!! Never liked hospitals much and the baby was doing good and I felt good enough to go. The baby I thinked liked it too because we had a pretty good first night.

I am so happy he is here, still can't believe I actually went through my fear of giving birth and the whole experience is now over and onto a whole new phase in life but I love this little guy. I can't stop staring at him while he sleeps and kissing him and cuddling with him. I am so lucky to have him with me and I can't wait to see how he turns out to be.....most likely a momma's boy:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment