Saturday, January 2, 2010

Deep Thoughts....by Meagan Truman

Ok, maybe Homers advice isn't the best advice, but I was just thinking about a few things today.

I keep realizing that life doesn't wait for you....it is most likely ourself that is waiting for life to happen or to get better - and therein lies the problem! Time really does pass by so quickly, excuses are so easy to come up with and pity parties are so easily entertained by ourselves! It can be hard sometimes to make the choice everyday to be happy and positive when our current situation my seem otherwise....but it still comes down to choices. I may not have the things I want in life right now - money, live where I want, marriage and my own family and to get that nice body I want and not try and compare myself to others or wish I could look like someone else. God sent me here for a reason right??? He gave me my own personal blueprint (how I look, my personality, talents, etc) and it's up to me to become the BEST me and make something out of that blueprint.

It sucks being scared in life sometimes, that I am going to fail at something or that I will look stupid at something...but regrets suck!! And yes, I admit I have some. I want to say YES to more opportunities that come my way...even if they may be unexpected. What kind of person do I want to be when I leave this life??? What's most imporant, my priorities??? Those should be the ultimate questions.

One last thing.....It takes more work, effort and stress to worry about what others think of you. Wouldn't it be nice to be free from that?? There are more important things in life to worry about.

And then how can I ever be down when I get to hear Grace sing and Liam do his Lion roar and then flee away on his head!!



1 comment:

  1. It's all about PERSPECTIVE! Keeping an eternal one and seeing things how they are. Not how others see them, not how you want them to be but realizing reality is what it is and that you can DO something about it all!! That video makes me laugh everytime, see you're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete