So its day 3 of my P90x workout and better eating (goal 1500 cals a day) plan and so far so good. I started out by taking my measurements (and heck no I'm not posting those!!) and it's a good thing because seeing those motivated me to NOT EAT the delicious leftovers from New Years! I have always known that food journals are the best tool for weightloss and I have been reminded of that these past 3 days. It's so easy to underestimate and/or overestimate how much calories are in foods and how much I am eating each day. It's still hard to know the calories in some meals but I have read so much about what we should be eating and what to look for so you would think it would be a no brainer by now! But easier said than done obviously!! I had a minor mess up with the whole sweets thing but I blame that on a couple people - you know who you are!!! lol (Mrs "I brought 4 pans of Nanaimo bars" and Miss "I forgot to bring them home to Seattle with me") ok, ok, I forgive you...;-)

The workouts have been good!!! The only thing I wish I had was better equipment. Ultimatly I wish I had dumbbells to work with but you can use bands in the video....I need bands with the handles because I just have the ones I got from when I worked at a Physical Therapy office where you tie knots in the end...so it's hard on my hands and between my thumb and second finger, it's red right now and my skin gets rough. Anyway, I feel better already and tomorrow I am going to start running in the morning (hoping it doesn't snow!!!) and then doing my workouts after or later in the day. Just have to remember to stick with it and stay motivated cause I'm tired of not looking the way I want!!!

Well, you're already kicking my butt. I'm starting all my stuff tomorrow. Yes, I'm a slacker......but I'm gonna be right there with you, rocking a killer body next year. You're gonna be my motivator in this, Meg. I can already tell.
ReplyDeleteGood job!!!!! And here's where I tell you told you so on the food journal and calorie counting. Finally! If you can't give away the junk food, throw it out. I finally watched a few minutes of the p90x infomercial since I didn't really know what it was, sounds awesome and I know a lot of people that love those workouts. Keep it up, I'll need the motivation in a few months!
ReplyDelete